This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
The Mayor’s Office is launching an internship program with a goal of incorporating talented individuals into the achievement of Mayor’s Office initiatives. Within the office interns will gain a valuable introduction to local government, the City of Phoenix, and help move forward the initiatives of Mayor Stanton. As an intern you will be assigned some of the following functions, including:
- Helping coordinate constituent events with Mayor’s Office staff
- Assisting in answering constituent letters, calls, and e-mails
- Completing research tasks on Mayor’s Office-led policy initiatives
- Assisting the Communications Director in the production and dissemination of information from the Mayor’s Office
- Maintaining press lists, constituent lists, capturing and editing video
The Mayor is the city’s highest elected official, and is responsible for leading the City Council. Together the Mayor and Council serve as the legislative and policy-making body of the municipal government and has responsibilities for enacting city ordinances and appropriating funds to conduct city business and provide policy direction to the administrative staff.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is July 31, 2012.
Current college students or recent college graduates.
This internship will begin in August or September. Interns must be available between 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Schedules are flexible.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is July 31, 2012. To begin the application process please click on the blue "apply" button at the top of this page.
Applicants will be required to submit a copy of a current resume, cover letter and contact information for 2 references.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times