Volunteer opportunity description
Volunteers are needed to help make a difference in the lives of seniors at 15 City of Phoenix Senior Centers operated by the Human Services Department. Each day, hundreds of seniors rely on Senior Center programs to make connections and forge new friendships with their peers. Volunteers will plan creative, fun, and active opportunities and social events for seniors such as special interest classes and special events for anniversaries, celebrations, and/or holidays.
Recreation Assistants will develop their ability to or gain experience with:
- Planning activities and events
- Classroom and group session management techniques
- Working with diverse populations
- Program implementation
- Utilizing teaching, counseling, and/or interpersonal skills
- Learn about the Human Services Department and its services
- Make a difference
- And potentially assist in other areas or programs where needed
If you are looking to make a meaningful impact in someone’s life and to volunteer at a senior center close to you, this is the perfect opportunity.
For information on senior center locations visit
Volunteers will enjoy a very flexible schedule between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times