This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
The annual International City County Management Association (ICMA) Conference is coming to the Phoenix Convention Center in October 2012. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to make the event a success. The ICMA Conference is the largest annual event in the world for local government leaders. ICMA develops and advances professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve quality of life worldwide. Volunteers are needed for various shifts October 5-12, 2012.
Assistance is needed in the following areas:
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Baggage Claim Welcome Desks
- Downtown Phoenix Hotel Welcome Desks
- Host Committee Welcome Desk at the Phoenix Convention Center
- Social Events and Receptions
- Athletic Events
Off-site field demonstrations/tours
- Opportunity to network with thousands of local government professionals from around the world
- Eligible to attend the conference at no cost on the day you volunteer (ICMA members excluded)
- Learn more about ICMA and Public Administration
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will be provided with a shirt to wear while volunteering, a volunteer resource guide, parking accommodations and in most circumstances a food voucher.
To apply on-line, click on the blue "apply" button at the top of this page. The deadline to apply is August 24, 2012.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times